Clever and Thrifty Suitcase Packing Hacks
Over One Dozen Clever and Thrifty Suitcase Packing Hacks
I came up with these Clever and Thrifty Suitcase Packing Hacks when I was packing for a trip to Barcelona. When I started packing for this trip, I realized that I have a few things that I have repurposed into clever and thrifty suitcase packing hacks and I thought I’d share it today. More on my trip later! Here are some tips!
Pack small jewelry like rings and earrings in prescription bottles. This will help to keep small items like this from getting lost.
Reuse and Repurpose
Reuse a plastic curtain panel bag and store your sandals, socks underwear, bras, or bathing suites in them. That way, you can keep the dirt off of your clean clothes.
Store sunglasses in a plastic drink container. This is a great money saving tip. After all, we need to save as much as we can when we go on vacation. Drink containers like Crystal Light containers are the perfect size for sunglasses.
Protect Certain Items
Place sun glass cases and belts in canvas shoe bags. This also helps for keeping organized and easy to find.
Bring a Laundry Bag
Turn a bank money bag or other canvas bag into a laundry bag. I always bring this laundry bag I made on every trip. I hate mixing my clean clothes with my dirty clothes especially packing up to go home.
Get crafty and stencil it!
Use Prescription Bottles
Ideas for repurposing prescription bottles are endless! They are not only good for jewelry but for several other things.
Store Q-tips, small grooming tools, or headphones inside prescription bottles.
Pack Emergency Items
Grab an old purse and pack emergency items like bandages, allergy medicine, aspirin, itching cream, and insect repellent. This is a must especially when you have kids. This also can be a money saver because items like these are typically marked up in tourist areas everywhere.
How to Pack Hats
Pack hats in three easy steps: 1) stack them together, 2) stuff them with your PJ’s or socks and underwear, and 3) pack around them. This will keep them from getting flattened.
More Packing Hack Ideas!
- Insert stud earrings into the button holes of your shirt buttons to keep them from getting lost.
- Pack rings and earrings in week long pill boxes for each day.
- Wrap your jewelry in plastic wrap.
- String necklaces through straws to avoid tangling.
- Roll clothes instead of folding them to save room in your suitcase.
- Place a belt inside your collar to keep it stiff.
- Pack shoes inside a shower cap to protect your belongings from dirty soles.
- Belts and sunglasses can be kept in canvas drawstring shoe bags to keep them in place.
- Pack headphones in sun glass cases or prescription bottles.
- Store phone cables and chargers in a sun glass case.
- Use a large binder clip to cover a razor.
- Use contact lens cases to store eye cream or liquid makeup.
I will be posting less frequently while I’m gone (I think). But I can’t wait to write about my trip!
These are great tips Dinah! I especially love the one about repurposing prescription bottles! I’ll be using that this Summer!
Thank you, Fatima!
Fantastic hacks. I am so fond of hats. I have 50. I was wondering how to pack them. I am going to study in Germany and there is no way to leave without my hats. Thank you for great tips! Greetings!
So glad you found this helpful, Stacey! Be safe in your travels. I’m sure it will be a wonderful experience!