Step by Step Storage and Organization Ideas for Your Drawers and Closets
Just because you can’t see it, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. When it comes to storage and organization ideas for your home, decluttering and organizing the insides of your drawers and closets are just as important as organizing a home office desktop or kitchen coffee station.
Here are some easy storage and organization ideas for your drawers and closets. You will also find helpful Amazon Affiliate links with recommended products. If you click on the link and purchase something, we will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you in advance for your support!
Organizing Your Drawers
Junk drawers seem to appear in every room. Here are some ways to help you organize the drawers in your bathroom, office, bedroom, and more.
Where to Begin
From a kitchen junk drawer to a T shirt drawer, organizing can get overwhelming. To help things go smoothly keep follow these four steps to get started.
- Take everything out. It’s easiest to do one drawer at a time. Do not overwhelm yourself. Dump everything out on a counter or bed or floor where things can be seen and sorted.
- Begin sorting. One by one, decide which category the item belongs to. Sort each item by:
- Clean out the drawer itself. Some drawers can get filthy, especially makeup and bathroom drawers. Give the drawer a good wipe down with a clean cloth and cleaning spray.
- Start organizing. Here are a few ways to help you.
How to Organize Your Drawers
Whether you have dresser drawers or built -n drawers, it is a good idea to purchase the right type of drawer organizer. Depending on your need, consider material, size, and durability.
- Junk/Home/Jewelry/Makeup/Office Drawers – A set of clear plastic desk drawer dividers like these are a great investment. Clear transparent plastic They come in a set of 25 in 4 different sizes to customize and use the way you like and can easily adapt to any drawer size.
- Organize the batteries, pens, note pads and such in a junk drawer
- Organize utensils, measuring spoons and cups, and more in a kitchen drawer
- Keep markers, pencils, tape, and glue sticks in line inside an office drawer
- Organize makeup and beauty tools inside vanity drawers
- Have clear compartments for toothpaste, floss, and such in bathroom drawers
- Use the medium and large size for phone cords, plugs, ear buds and other gadgets
- Intimate/Sock/Accessory Drawers – Durable fabric organizers like these are great for underwear, bras, scarves, socks, belts, and more. These also come in four different sizes with convenient compartments. The breathable construction is ideal to ensure air circulation and maintains the freshness of your clean clothes.
- Use these to organize intimates like bras and underwear
- Great size for baby clothes or diapers in nursery drawers
- Different compartments also fit accessories like belts, scarves, stockings, and tights
Storage Solutions for Your Closets
A linen and bedroom closet can easily become unorganized. Therefore, using large capacity storage organizers like these, come in handy for items that you don’t use all the time.
Use them in:
- Linen closets
- School dorms
- Bedroom closets
Store items like:
- Bed sheets
- Plush toys
- Jackets and coats
- Beach towels
Have more ideas or did we leave something out? Leave a comment!
You May Also Like
Before you go, here are some other helpful articles to get you organized.
- Repurposed Kids Storage Solutions
- Homeschooling Organization Ideas
- Clever Kitchen Storage and Organization Ideas
- 31 Kids Room Ideas You Can DIY
- Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage