How to make back to school photo notebook labels for each school subject
I have another REALLY fun and easy back to school photo idea that I made for MyPrintly.com in the past! My daughter and I did a mini photo shoot at home and took pictures with my phone and printed with the HP Sprocket. We staged different school subjects with blocks, a chalkboard, and books and changed each “scene” accordingly.
I can’t tell you how much fun we had doing this. Change outfits and hairstyles if you want. We did a standard bun and black rimmed eye glasses. It’s also fun for kids of all ages, from preschool to high school. You can get really creative with your shots!
Back to School Photo Prop Ideas
You don’t have to spend any extra money to do this. Look for things around the house for items you already have. Plus, you don’t need a fancy camera, only your phone.
- Ruler or Yardstick
- Chalkboard & Chalk
- Backpack & Lunchbox or Lunch bag
- Water Bottle
- Cup of Pencils
- Pack of Crayons
- Large Clock
- Laptop or Computer
All you have to do is take your photos, add a border with colorful paper if your wish, and place them on your notebook or covered text books.
Older teens can take turns with their friends posing and taking pictures for one another.
Watch the video:
Styling Your Photos
Here are some ways to style your photo shoot. As a bonus, it’s a great way to spend time with your kids!
- Dress in your back to school best, or wear your school uniform.
- Pose with your best friends and tell a story through a series of 3 or 4 photos.
- Have your child carry a large stack of books.
- Pro Tip: If you don’t have text books handy, turn the spines around so you can’t see the titles.
- Dress up like a teacher with glasses, a bun or bow tie, and ruler.
- Sit at a desk and pretend to write or draw.
- Go to the local library for a perfect background setting.
- Take photos on a playground with a backpack and books in hand.
- After school or on a weekend, take photos at your school in front of the marque, mascot, or school sign.
Other ways to use the HP Sprocket for back to school:
The HP Sprocket prints photos with sticky backs so you print instant photo stickers! Take photos of you and your friends and use them to:
- Decorate your locker
- Embellish your covered books
- Decorate binders and folders
- Make personalized pencil cases (see below)
Watch the video on how to make these no sew pencil cases with scrap pieces of felt:
This is a fun idea to share summertime photos at school.
Get the full tutorial: Photo Pencil Cases
Be sure to check out my other projects on MyPrintly.com. Also check out my other Back to School projects.
Also, stop and visit me on my YouTube Channel. I have over 100 craft tutorials and ideas on there. I would love it if you subscribed!
This article was originally posted on August 21, 2017 and since then updated and improved.