DIY Quartz Christmas Ornaments Paper Craft with a Gift Inside and Free Printable
This post, DIY Quartz Paper Christmas Ornaments, is sponsored by BabbleBoxx on behalf of Fiskars.
‘Tis the season for holiday crafting and you know I love a good creative gift wrapping craft! Today I’m excited to share how to make quartz paper Christmas ornaments with a surprise gift inside using the Fiskars® Paper Gem Quartz Template. These templates are only available at JoAnn’s and Fiskars.com. This quartz Christmas ornaments paper craft is fun and simple, and you can customize them to fit your style and holiday décor.
Watch the Video Tutorial
Here’s is the YouTube video to help guide you. After you watch keep scrolling; below you will find the materials list, free printable tags, and the full detailed written instructions for how to make these pretty Christmas ornaments out of scrapbook paper.
Here’s What You Need
Time: 30-60 Minutes
Below is a list of everything you need for this project. Fiskars has the best tools for your holiday crafting and I highly recommended those on this list. The cutting mat and paper cutter never leave the top of my craft table because I use them so frequently. The best part is that they are built to last and have a full lifetime warranty.
- Fiskars® Paper Gem Quartz Template
- Fiskars® Scoring Stylus
- Scrapbook Paper of Choice
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- Free Printable Tag
- Jump Rings
- Cutting Mat
- Hole Punch
- Paper Cutter (optional)
Christmas Ornaments Paper Craft Instructions:
Making the 3D Paper Quartz Gem
- On a cutting mat, trace around the outer edge of the template on the back side of the scrapbook paper. Note that heavy weight scrapbook paper is ideal but not necessary.
- Using the scoring tool, score within all the guided scoring tracks on your template. To do this, move the stylus back and forth a few times applying light pressure.
- Next, remove the template and cut around the traced lines.
- Once the template is cut out, fold along the scored lines.
- Lastly, apply hot glue to assemble the box leaving one end (top) open. It is up to you on what side of the gem you would like to be the top of the ornament.
Assembling the Paper Christmas Ornament
- Stuff the box with shredded paper or tissue paper if desired and insert your gift.
- Glue the top of the ornament closed using hot glue.
- Next, attach the jump ring with a dab of hot glue.
- Print and cut out the free printable tag and punch a hole in it.
- String the twine and tag through the jump ring to create your quartz paper Christmas ornament.
There you have it! Not only do you have a beautiful gift for your friends and family this holiday season, but you have a gorgeous Christmas ornament craft for your tree or garland until it’s ready to be open! Consider making several of these for a small tree and fill them with stocking stuffers.
Like it? Pin it!