How to Make Easy DIY Star Wall Art
This article, Sleep Under the Stars DIY Star Wall Art is sponsored by Disney Book Group.
Our family was so excited for the release of Unlimited Squirrels: I Want to Sleep Under the Stars! by Mo Willems this month. We have been reading Mo Willems books at bedtime almost every night for many years now. We have a great collection of Elephant & Piggie and Pigeon books, and we’re happy to now be reading the new Unlimited Squirrels early-reader series. In I Want to Sleep Under the Stars, Zoom Squirrel dreams of sleeping under the night stars. The Squirrel pals are excited to help! Inspired by the story, we decided to make Sleep Under the Stars DIY Star Wall Art.
Unlike any beginning-reader series on the market, Unlimited Squirrels combines hilarious narrative stories with surprising nonfiction content. There is something for everyone to scurry over. We are sure that these nutty squirrels will love our star shaped bedroom decorations so even inside they can “sleep under the stars!” Here is how we made them.
Watch the YouTube Video
Time: 30-60 Minutes
- Metal Star Shaped Macramé Rings
- You will need about 5 yards of yarn to start. Tie one end in a knot. I purchased these metal stars on Amazon (affiliate link).
- Start wrapping the yarn around the star until it is completely covered. Once you reach the end, tie the two ends together and cut off any excess.
- Next, cut strips of yarn approximately 36” long. We used about 20 pieces for each dream catcher.
- Fold one strip in half and do a lark’s head knot to attach it to the bottom of the star. Continue adding yarn to complete the “tail”.
- If desired, trim the tail. I cut these into a V shape.
I used clear push pins to hang them onto Nala’s bedroom wall next to her reading nook. Create your own squirrel inspired starry wall with as many stars as you wish! Change the color of yarn to match your room décor (or make it match your bookshelves – ours goes perfectly with I Want to Sleep Under the Stars!).
About Unlimited Squirrels
MO WILLEMS, creator of the revolutionary, award-winning, best-selling Elephant & Piggie books, has another breakout beginning-reader series. An ensemble cast of Squirrels, Acorns, and pop-in guests hosts a page-turning extravaganza. Each book features a funny, furry adventure AND bonus jokes, quirky quizzes, nutty facts, and so, so many Squirrels.
Unlimited Squirrels addresses a range of physical, emotional, and social development markers. These high-interest subjects act to engage kids in the overall reading experience while also providing caregivers and educators with humorous and relatable conversation starters. I Want to Sleep Under the Stars! is the third book in the series (behind I Lost My Tooth! and Who is the Mystery Reader? They are so fun and you also learn a lot while reading! Make sure to get your copy.
Like it? Pin it!