32 Clever Binder Clip Hacks
Yesterday I was looking for a binder clip. I swear the box I had was full, but when I checked there were only three left! I thought about it for a second and realized that I used binder clips in so many different ways. So, I thought I’d share some clever binder clip hacks.
Watch some of these ideas in this video!
There are so many innovative uses for binder clips. Here is a list of over two dozen ideas. These are in no particular order.
DIY Life Hacks: Clever Uses for Binder Clips
- Use binder clips as a chip clip to avoid stale potato chips.
- Clip the end of a rolled toothpaste tube to keep the toothpaste at the towards the tip.
- Clip them to small baskets and hang them onto wall hooks for craft or office organization.
- Hang them on a wall with a thumbtack to display art or books.
- Use them to keep gift wrapping paper from unrolling.
- Organize cords in the back of a media unit.
- Make clipboards for dolls.
- Use them to keep ribbon from unwinding.
- Turn them into clip magnets for your refrigerator.
- Stand them upright to display pictures on your desk.
- Use them to organize bills.
- Clip a To Do list onto one so that you can easily read it.
- Substitute clothespins.
- Use it as a bookmark.
- Clip recipe cards to it and stand it upright while trying out a new menu for dinner.
- Cover a razor blade with it to safely store in your overnight bag while traveling.
- Decorate them with washi tape and clip them to the stems of wine glasses to use a wine charms.
- Use them to keep your earbuds organized.
- Use a gold binder clip as a money clip or credit card holder.
- Stand them upright, decorate with washi tape, and use them as name card place holders.
- Clip it to a wet sponge and stand it upright to allow it to dry.
- Hang boots in your closet.
Need more? I still have some…
- Use them to hold your pen or pencil onto a textbook or notepad.
- Keep your tablecloth down during a windy outdoor picnic.
- Use them to clip garbage bags down at an outdoor party or picnic.
- Clip it to a desk to hang and keep different cords organized.
- Simply Clip them to a wire rack in the refrigerator to stop bottles from rolling.
- Clip them to a wire rack in a pantry to keep cans from rolling.
- Binder clips make great key rings.
- Use them on a wire rack in the freezer to hang frozen bags to allow for extra storage.
- Use one as a keychain/money clip.
- As a blogger who takes photos all the time, I use them to help hold things up during the staging process.
Like it? Pin it!
I would love it if you shared this on Pinterest. Thank you in advance!
Need another Life Hack? Another thing we all have lying around are pennies! Here are 7 Ways to Shine Pennies. I put it to the test! Some are better than others.
This post was originally published on April 27 2017 and has since then been updated and approved.