No Chimney? Leave a Magic Santa Key for Santa
One of our family traditions is celebrate Christmas at my in-laws’home in Arizona. It’s a beautiful home but lacks a fireplace. The kids wondered how Santa going to come down the chimney if we don’t have one. My mother-in-law had a great idea of leaving a magic Santa key for him after she saw them at a craft fair a long time ago. Santa could then use his magic to use the key to get into the house.
Putting the Santa Key Together
This only takes a few minutes to make.
- Free printable
- Pre-made tags or scrapbook paper or recycled cardboard (optional step)
- Hole Punch
- Print and cut out these FREE Magic Santa Key Tags
- Glue them onto pre-made tags or make your own tags with scrapbook paper or cardboard and use a hole punch for the hole. Get creative with different backgrounds to add your own flare and style.
- Tie colorful ribbon strips onto the tag through the hole. I bought the ones pictured here at Michael’s craft store. They have several fun patterns and colors during the holiday season.
- Add an old key or a skeleton key from the craft store. I always sees packages of these in dollar bins. Here is an affiliate link to my Amazon that is a great deal! You can get 42 skeleton keys for a few dollars!
- Place by the front door and let Santa do his magic!
Giving Away the Key
A part of the fun is giving away the key to a friend or loved one. Here are some ideas.
- Present it to the kids every Christmas Eve as a new tradition. After the first year you can take it out and place it with the milk and cookies to give to Santa.
- Give these keys away in a gift exchange.
- Make and give these away as a neighbor gift.
- Use it as part of a white elephant present.
- Give it as a hostess gift at a Christmas party.
- Make and sell them at a craft fair.
More Christmas DIY Ideas
Here are a few more fun and easy Christmas DIY ideas.
You May Also Like
Here i a cute Christmas wreath idea made out of an old thrift store picture frame. You can see the full tutorial here: Repurposed Frame Wreath
Have you visited me on YouTube? There are a lot of Christmas tutorials on there. I’d love it if you subscribe to my channel. Thank you so much in advanced!
Christmas Printables in my Etsy Shop
Have you visited me on Etsy? I have a shop that sell printables. There are plenty of fun Christmas printables available, most of which are inspired by a certain elf! I hope you check it out. It is a way for me to earn extra income to keep this site up and running with new free craft tutorials and ideas. Thank you in advance for your support!