Back to School Photo Frame
Simple Upcycled Back to School Photo Frame for First Day of School Pictures
It’s that time of year again when every kid is preparing to return to school. As parents, we try to do our best to commemorate these special moments as best as we can. One common thing, is taking those first day of school photos. Here is an inexpensive and simple way to add a fun DIY element to your back to school photos, a Back to School Photo Frame.
Here’s What You Need
Time: 30 Minutes (excludes drying time)
- Large Wooden Frame
- Spray Paint
- Craft Letters
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- First, look for a wooden frame. You can purchase them at craft stores, however a more cost effective alternative is to purchase a garage sale or thrift store frame and upcycle it. When looking for a frame, check the back to make sure you can easily remove the glass and/or painting. I bought this one at Goodwill. Find your closest location here.
- Clean the frame to prepare for spray painting. Protect your surface and spray paint in a well ventilated area. Allow it to dry completely.
- Once the frame is dry glue craft letters to the frame. You can purchase these at craft stores. They come in paper and wood. For this frame, I put “back to” on the top and “school” on the bottom. You can also consider gluing a small chalkboard in one of the corners to write and change the grade of your child that year.
- Have your children pose behind the frame on the first day of school and snap away!
You can also watch this short video tutorial I made.
Aren’t the girls the cutest?? I hope you enjoyed this easy Back to School Photo Frame.
Be sure to check some of my other free printables, party ideas, and photo crafts. Check them out:
- DIY Photo Place Cards with Fruit
- Photo Gift Tag Sports Team Favors
- Joke of the Day Lunch Box Notes
- DIY Instagram Photo Holder
- DIY Photo Clothespins
- Mini Photo Memory Frame