This post is how to make DIY photo place cards with fruit. For this project, I used artificial fruit, but if you would like, you can use real fruit. It’s a simple way to add personalization for your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner tables. The guests can take them home as party favors as well. You can also embellish the fruit stem with ribbon to match your décor.
During the holidays it’s always nice to add special touches to your dinner table setting. This DIY photo place card craft is such a quick and simple way to add a little conversation starter and help make your guests feel special.
Here’s What You Need
Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Photos of your guests
- Paper cutter (optional)
- Decorative paper
- Tape or glue
- Straight pins
- Fake or real apples and pears
Instructions for DIY Photo Place Cards:
- Print 1.5” X 1.5” black and white photos of each guest. Social media networks make great resources for this. You can fit several photos on one piece of paper to print. Cut each photo out.
- Next, cut 1.75” X 1.75” squares of decorative scrapbook paper. A paper cutter makes this step quick and easy.
- Tape or glue your photos onto the center of each square.
- Use a straight pin to pin each photo onto a piece of fruit. Both fake and real fruit work well.
These DIY photo place cards can be used for any holiday or special occasion. For example, at Christmas pin them to a plastic ornament or for Easter dinner, pin them onto a foam egg. At weddings you can clip them to party favors.
Thanks so much for stopping by! In case you missed them, here are some of my other photo projects, printables, and videos:
- Photo Gift Tag Sports Team Favors
- Easy Wood Slice Photo Ornaments
- 3 Awesome Photo Cake Toppers
- 3D Photo Cupcake Topper
You May Also Like
Check out this video of some easy wood sliced photo ornaments.
This post was originally written for HP in November 2015.