DIY Seashell Balloon Art Video Instructions for Mermaid Party Decorations
Talk about DIY Inspiration! When I saw Lilly Jimenez, balloon artist on the show Making It, I couldn’t be more inspired. Her balloon creations are amazing! With my 3-year old’s birthday coming up, I just had to try to make my DIY Seashell Balloon Art piece.
I will do my best to explain this DIY. I think the video will definitely help.
Watch the Video Tutorial
Time: 1-2 Hours
- 2 Sheets of Poster Board
- Straight Edge
- Tape or Glue Dots
I think the best way to learn how to do this, is to watch the video I made. It’s difficult to reiterate exactly how I made the shape. I was truly winging it, but glad I recorded making it.
- Measure and cut the poster board in 4” wide strips, lengthwise. I think I used 10 or 12 strips.
- Use the strips to create a shell outline. I started in the center of the shell and worked my way out. Tape it together as you go.
- Once your shell is formed, tape down and flaps.
- Blow up balloons to fit inside each compartment. Start with the larger ones first and tape them to the sides of each compartment.
- Begin filling in the blank spots with smaller balloons. Play around with size and color.
- Lastly, Set the shell upright and fill in any other missing pieces. Add a white balloon for a pearl if desired.
Play around with balloon colors to fit your mermaid party decor.
By the way, you can purchase Lilly’s design templates in her shop, which in all honesty I had no idea existed until after I made this! Ha!
More Mermaid Party Ideas
- DIY MERMAID PARTY IDEAS
- THE LITTLE MERMAID PARTY IDEAS
- DIY LITTLE MERMAID CARD OR INVITATION
- THE LITTLE MERMAID PARTY FAVORS