Easy Monkey Banana Treats – Free Printable!
Easy Monkey Banana Treats with a Free Printable
One of the best parts of blogging, at least for me, is developing relationships. Thanks to the World Wide Web, I am introduced daily to creative people with my same interests from across the globe. I was introduced to Anneke van de Langkruis from Holland. She sells items at her Etsy Shop, Villa Figura, such as prints and gift tags with her whimsical illustrations, perfect for a nursery. Today she is sharing these adorable easy monkey banana treats printable.
The tutorial and free printable below is courtesy of Anneke van de Langkruis! Thank you, Anneke!
Easy Monkey Banana Treats by Anneke van de Langkruis
Preparing fun birthday treats for one or two year old’s can be a real challenge. Forget about hard candy, chocolate and chips. Too sweet and hard to chew with no teeth! Don’t bother coming up with original and complex ideas those little ones won’t even understand. Think simple and healthy!
Here’s a fun, fast and easy idea I designed for my son’s first birthday. Banana Monkeys! Their tail curls all the way around.
Free Easy Monkey Banana Treats Printable
How to do it:
The instructions below contain Amazon affiliate links for recommended products.
1. Print this simple design (download it for free) on craft paper or brown paper.
2. Cut around the monkey and cut out the tail into a spiral.
3. Curl the tail around a banana.
4. Fasten the little feet with a staple or small piece of tape.
Looking for more Budget Friendly jungle-theme ideas?
- Present the group of monkey banana treats in a cane basket and cut some green jungle leaves to affix to the basket.
- Mix dark and light green streamers and tape them vertically on a wall to create a jungle background.
- You can also mix in paper leaves and twine or rope.
- Use artificial greenery and garland and mix in your own paper leaves made out of construction paper.
- Collect branches and twigs from outside to mix in with your decor.
- Wrap jars or paper cups in burlap ribbon and use a green paper straw for drinking cups.
- Grab any plants or flowers from around the house and spread them around the food or gift table.
- Make a balloon arch like this one.
Get creative with jungle themed gift wrapping.
Like it? Pin it!
Thanks so much for hosting these Dinah!
Of course! It was my pleasure. Let me know if you need anything else or have other post ideas! Congrats again! 😉
i LOVE this idea. I think I will use it for valentines day, but instead of stapling the hands together I want to insert a heart with the words “I am bananas about you!”
That is a GREAT idea!!! It’s a perfect way to sneak in a healthy treat after all that Valentine’s Day chocolate. Thank you so much for stopping by, Annie.
I love this idea for my daughter’s birthday! These will make great favors for the little ones. Can you please send me the link to the free printable? I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!!
Hi Vanessa!! Thank you for stopping by the site! For the printable, look at #1 on the How To on this post and there is a link where it says “simple design”. It’s there and ready to go! 🙂 Let me know if you have any problems!
By the way, if you end up doing it, post a pick on DIY Inspired’s Facebook Page! We’d love to see it! http://www.facebook.com/diyinspired
Thanks so much! I’ll definitely post pics! 🙂
This is so awesome. I’m going to pack a picnic for my kids this week, and these will be perfect for the bananas! Thank you!!!
Thank you!! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing. We are going to the zoo for my son’s second birthday next week and these monkey bananas will feature in the lunch packs : )
Hi Crystal! What a great idea for a birthday at the zoo! Send me a picture! 🙂
Thank you so much for sharing this! What an awesome idea!
Thank you, Adele!
Ohhhhhh this is PERFECT! I’m planning a Monkey Bizness party for my boys, and wanted to stay with the monkey/banana theme. Awesome! Thanks for sharing:)
Oh great!! I hope you use it! Send me a pic if you do; I’d love to see them!
Amei essa idéia !Obrigada por liberar,é realmente um grande presente para todos! bjs do Brasil!!!
I cant seem to find the link to the actual file. Could you pls provide it?
Here you go, Audry! https://diyinspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/BananaMonkeys.pdf
Thank you!!! looks ADORABLE!! perfect for my nephew’s 1st. birthday!
thank you very much