DIY Baby Yoda Phone Stand Recycled Cardboard Craft
What do you get when you cross a Baby Yoda loving 5-year-old and a toilet paper tube? Give up? A DIY Baby Yoda phone stand, of course! For some reason, I decided to keep a TP roll I had because honestly, it’s been years since I made a toilet paper roll craft. I’ve made a bunny, reindeer, and a turkey (just to name a few), so why not Baby Yoda?
Watch the Baby Yoda Phone Stand Video
Here is a quick YouTube video of the step by step process. Keep scrolling for the detailed written instructions.
Here’s What You Need
Time: 30-40 Minutes
- Cardboard Tube
- Green Paint
- Paint Brush
- Black, White, and Pink Scrap Paper (or paint)
- Circle Craft Punch and Hole Punch (optional)
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- Tan Felt (or paper)
- Green Fine Point Sharpie (or similar)
Baby Yoda Phone Stand Instructions
There are several ways to make these. If you do not have all the materials, it’s totally OK.
- Use a pencil to draw out the shape of the phone stand. You want a 2.5” base for Baby Yoda’s head, and you want the sides to go in an angle so that the phone can rest. (tattooremovalportlandor.com) As you can see in the video, I free handed this and made adjustments accordingly.
- Use the leftover cardboard to cut out his ears. Again, I free handed the first ear and used it as a template to cut the second ear.
- Paint the stand and ears bright green and allow them to dry.
- Cut a piece of tan felt to go around the bottom. If you don’t have felt, you can use paint, colored markers, or tan construction paper.
- Cut out the inside part of the ear using pink paper scraps. I used left over scrapbook paper, but you can also use pink paint or pink markers.
- Cut out the eyes and irises. I used a circle craft punch and a hole punch to make this easier. An alternative would be to use black and white paint or markers.
- Using hot glue, glue on the felt strip, eyes, and ears. Hot glue works best on the ears because it dries quickly.
I tried an iPod Touch as well as an iPhone 8 and it worked great! I hope you like this fun and simple Baby Yoda phone stand! Play around with other fun characters as well.
Like It? Pin It!