The BEST part of this DIY Cupcake Stand project is that I bought these blue trays years ago for $2.00 a piece on sale. I have used them MULTIPLE times for baby showers, birthday parties, Super Bowl parties, and everyday entertaining.
I wanted to use them again for my daughter’s birthday party. This time, however I wanted to create more height and dimension to the table to make the presentation better. I purchased two candlestick holders from a local thrift store for $1.25 each. I added a small wooden circle cut out so that the platters would be more stable and glued it to the top of the candlestick. I decided to paint them white with paint I already had. I simply attached the candlesticks with E6000 adhesive.
You can purchase E6000 here: E-6000 Med Visc 1-Ounce Adhesive
Here are some tips when completing this DIY Cupcake Stand Project:
- Make sure that the platters you choose are food safe.
- Wash all platters and candlestick holders and remove all stickers before you begin.
- When aligning your platters, place them against a corner for more accurate alignment (see photo).
- Place something heavy on top of the top platter until it dries completely.
- Follow the directions on your glue as directed for drying times.
- Do not wash your Cupcake Stand in the washer, rather hand wash them.
Here are some more after photos of my DIY Cupcake Stand.
Other Easy Party DIY Ideas