How to Make Crocodile Teeth for a DIY Dr. Facilier Necklace
Our family villain costume DIY tutorials continue! For this one, my husband it going to be the villain in Princess Tiana’s movie. The villain in the Princess and the Frog is Dr. Facilier. He is an evil smooth talking witch doctor with a quirky style that wears a necklace around his neck made from crocodile teeth! You can read more about him here. Today I am going to share how to make crocodile teeth for a DIY Dr. Facilier necklace.
Here is a photo of him.
But first, in case you missed them, here are some of my other Disney Villain DIY tutorials:
- DIY URSULA HALLOWEEN COSTUME
- DIY URSULA NECKLACE AND EARRINGS
- QUEEN OF HEARTS GUARDS TRICK OR TREAT BAG
- DIY QUEEN OF HEARTS COSTUME FOR KIDS
Watch the Video Tutorial
Here’s a quick DIY video to help you. Keep scrolling for the full instructions if needed!
Here is What You Need
Time: A Few Hours
- 2 Cups Al Purpose Flour
- 1 Cups Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- BBQ Skewer
- Black Necklace Cord
Making the Dough
Note: This recipe is more than needed to make the necklace. Use the extra for the kids to play with or for other projects. I used it to also make Ursula’s shell necklace and earrings.
- Add the flour and salt to your mixing bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Slowly add the cup of water and continue mixing.
- Once the water is added and the mixture is too hard to stir, use your hands to mix the dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it on your workspace.
- Allow the dough to set for 20 minutes.
Shaping Dr. Facilier’s Necklace
Shaping the crocodile teeth is very simple. I made them much larger than actual crocodile teeth (I think… LOL), but I want them to stand out for my husband’s costume.
- Grab two small pieces of dough.
- Roll each one in a ball with the palm of your hands.
- Roll them in a cone shape, then into a point. You want each piece to point toward opposite sides so that when they lay on your neck they are both pointed in.
- Using a BBQ skewer, poke a hole through the top of each tooth to fit the necklace cord. Give it a wiggle and keep the skewers inside while baking.
Baking the Crocodile Teeth
It takes about an hour total to bake.
- Place the crocodile teeth on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. Leave the skewer in the necklace.
- After 20 minutes, wiggle the skewer in the necklace and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Turn all pieces over and bake another 20 minutes.
Once the teeth are baked, string the necklace cord through each piece, again making sure the teeth are both pointed in. Tie a knot on either side of the teeth so that they stay about 2 and a half inches apart. The spacing may depend on who will wear the necklace.
Stay tuned for the rest of Dr. Facilier’s costume! In the meantime, here is a video using the same technique for Ursula’s seashell necklace and earrings.
More Family Halloween Costume Ideas
In case you missed them, here are our family costumes themes in the past:
Like it? Pin it!