As I was staring at this little Valentine’s Day Heart Wall Art I made as I was placing it on my mantel for my Valentine’s Day décor, it gave me an idea for St. Patrick’s Day. Since I find paper crafting relaxing, I really enjoyed making this DIY Four Leaf Clover Paper Art. Here is how I made it.
Time: 30-45 Minutes
- 5” X 7” Canvas
- Americana Foliage Green Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brush
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- Green Cardstock (3 Hues – One Sheet Each)
- Gold Glittered Scrapbook Paper
- Fiskars That’s Amore Squeeze Punch (Medium)
Watch the video tutorial:
First, paint your canvas and let it dry. Second, punch your heart out! Ha! Get it? For this sized canvas, I punched out the following using the heart squeeze punch:
- 48 Vulcan Green
- 42 Martian Green
- 24 Gamma Green
- 6 Glitter Gold
Once the paint is completely dry, glue down four hearts forming a clover as follows:
- 1st row: 4 Vulcan Green Clovers
- 2nd row: 4 Martian Green Clovers
- 3rd row: 4 Gamma Green Clovers
- 4th row: 3 Martian Green Clovers and 1 Gold Clover
- 5th row: 4 Vulcan Green Clovers
Next, fold two hearts per clover in half and glue them on top of the top leaf and bottom leaf of each clover.
Lastly, frame your canvas. I got this silver frame at IKEA.
You can use any color greens you choose. You can also leave out the gold heart if you like. Another option is to use a bigger canvas and the extra-large Fiskars That’s Amore Squeeze Punch to make a bigger version. I hope you try it out! In case you missed it, check out my hombre heart art project on newspaper print canvas too!
Like it? Pin it!