DIY Wood Slice Photo Memory Ornaments
Rustic Christmas Craft: DIY Wood Slice Photo Memory Ornaments
Today I am sharing how to make these simple DIY wood slice memory ornaments. I made these particular ones from pictures from our last visit to see our family in the Midwest. We had such a great time that I wanted to commemorate it on ornaments for our tree this year. I made three sets of three to pass out to the family. They will make great stocking stuffers too.
You only need a few supplies including wood slices, mod podge, paint brush, and eye hooks. You can decorate them with ribbon and hang them with twine.
Here is how to make them in just a few easy steps.
DIY Wood Slice Photo Memory Ornaments Video
Watch a quick tutorial video on how to make these.
Here’s What You Need
Time: 20-30 Minutes
- Wood Slices
- Photo Paper
- Photo Printer
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Small Eye Hooks
- Depending on the size of your wood slices, resize your photos to fit accordingly. I find it easy to place all the photos on one Word document. The photos should be slightly larger than the diameter of the wood slice. Print them out on HP Photo paper.
- Cut out each individual picture. Place the wood slice on top of the photo to use as a guide to trim it to fit. You may need to make several adjustments.
- Use Mod Podge and a foam brush to glue the photo to your wood slice. If desired, place another coat of Mod Podge on top of the photo.
- Once the photo is dry, screw in a small eye hook on the top of the ornament. This will take a little pressure.
- Embellish the top with ribbon and tie on a twine hanger.
- Make a set of three or four to give to friends and family. You can make it a theme, like pictures from a special vacation or use the kid’s school photos.
For more Christmas ornament ideas, check these out:
- DIY Ribbon Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Repurposed Paper Pine Cone Ornaments
- DIY Paper Christmas Ornaments
- Winter Woodlands DIY Ornaments
- DIY Snow Globe Ornaments
- Vintage Inspired Ornaments
- Vintage Handkerchief Ornaments
- Poinsettia Christmas Ornaments for Kids
You May Also Like
Do you have an elf in your home? Here are over 75 elf ideas for you!
Note: This post was originally written for HP on December 22, 2016.
These would make an excellent Christmas gift!