How to Make DIY 3D Photo Cupcake Toppers
Photo crafts are one of my favorite crafts to come up with. Today I am sharing how to make these DIY 3D photo cupcake toppers that work well for any occasion! After all, “A picture says a thousand words.”
I love these because they are 1) quick, 2) simple, and most importantly 3) special. They are so personal to the recipient(s) that it’s a great way to honor and celebrate them. Use them for a birthday, anniversary, baby or bridal shower, graduation, retirement party, you name it!
Great for both young and old, simply look for pictures of the honoree on their social media pages to get the perfect shots.
Watch the video tutorial here:
P.S. You should watch that video with the sound on. If you do, I bet you can’t help but dance a little to the music!
Making Your Own Photo Cake Toppers
Here’ What You Need:
This materials list contains affiliate links to recommended products.
- 4 Photos Per Topper
- Heavy Weight Paper
- 2” Circle Punch (optional)
- Glue Stick
- Scissors or Paper Cutter (optional)
Note: These instructions use a circle punch, however, if you do not have one, you can simply cut your photos into squares or use something round to trace and cut out.
- Find pictures you would like to use for this project and resize them to fit your circle punch. I did this in Microsoft Word. You can also play around with different sizes and shapes of punches.
- Print out your photos on card stock or brochure paper. Heavier weight paper like this will be sturdier, however regular printer paper will work as well.
- Punch out each picture with the circle punch.
- Fold each photo circle in half vertically.
- Glue four circles together as shown so that they are all facing out. I find glue sticks to be the least messy.
- Insert a toothpick into the cupcake sliding the topper over the top inserting the toothpick into the center.
Aren’t they great?
Other Ideas for these Photo Cupcake Toppers
These work for any birthday or special occasion. Here are some fun examples.
- Use engagement photos for a bridal shower
- School pictures can be used for an end of the year school party or graduation party
- Place photos of a cast for a school play and use them for a cast party
- Use pregnancy photos for a baby shower
- Photos of couples are great for an anniversary party
- Fun photos of co-workers for a retirement party
- Crazy photos of friends for a bachelorette party
The possibilities are endless. I hope you like them!
For more photo craft ideas, check these out:
- DIY Photo Pins from Social Media Pictures
- First Birthday Photo and Fabric Bunting
- DIY Photo to Cartoon Art
- Wood Slice Photo Memory Ornaments
- DIY Repurposed Photo Display
Like it? Pin it!
You May Also Like:
Here is another fun photo craft idea using pictures of your loved ones to make charms. Again, social media is a great resource to find the pictures you need for this project. For the full step by step tutorial, you can read it here: DIY Wedding Bouquet Memory Charms