New Years Countdown Activity with Printable
Print Free New Years Countdown Cards for a fun Party Activity for Both Adults and Kids
I have done two different versions of this game and both times were a huge hit at our New Year’s parties. Today I am sharing a third version for both adults and kids.
The first two I shared in the past were:
New Year’s Eve Countdown Idea for Kids
For this one I used bags. Some had notes, some were filled with goodies to share.
New Year’s Party Countdown Activity for Kids
For this one I made DIY mini envelopes filled with little notes.
Both of these were geared towards kids, but this year I wanted to share a game adults could play too.
Print Out Gold, Black and White Time Cards
Print them here: Gold, Black and White New Year’s Time Cards
This New Year’s party countdown activity is great for both kids and adults. It’s a great way for guests to stay entertained during the party festivities. I have done this with kids in the past and it is always a big hit.
Time: 20 Minutes
- Free Downloadable Printer
- HP Envy Printer
- HP Brochure Paper
- Pen or Marker
New Years Countdown Instructions:
Simply print ad cut out the printable cards provided. Next, write a task for your guests to complete on each card. Lastly, display them on your Christmas tree or mantel.
Depending on your party time, the guests will open a card at each hour. The final card will be opened at 11:45, fifteen minutes before midnight. On this final card, you can write something like, “find a special surprise to use at midnight hidden in XYZ.” Another option is, “gather in the living room to countdown the New Year together.”
Here are some examples of tasks to write on the cards for kids.
- Sing Jingle Bells (or another song) at the top of your lungs.
- Do ten jumping jacks.
- Tell your parents you love them and give them a hug.
- Take turns telling a funny joke.
- Go to the kitchen and get a special treat.
- Play a game of Duck Duck Goose/Hide and Seek.
- Play a card game.
- See who can stand on one leg the longest.
- Play “Don’t Break the Sugar Bowl” and see who can stay the quietest the longest.
- Wear your clothes inside out for the rest of the night.
- Switch clothes.
- Make a Happy New Year’s card for your parents.
Here are some examples of tasks to write on the cards for adults.
- Take a New Year’s shot.
- Take turns making a toast.
- Share your New Year’s resolution.
- Give your partner a hug and kiss and tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Tell an inappropriate joke.
- Cheers everyone at the party.
- Show your best dance moves.
- Swap clothes.
- Come up with famous people each person in the group looks like.
- Kiss someone.
- Do your best impersonation of a person in the room.
- Serenade someone in the group.
- Start a conga line.
- Drink a glass of wine in 15 seconds or less.
I hope you try it out and you and your guest enjoy playing! Happy New Year!
I can’t tell you enough how much fun this activity is for you and your guests. I hope you try it out!
Here’s another fun kids activity you can do!
You May Also Like
- Recycled Can Centerpieces with Succulents
- DIY Party Decorations for New Years
- New Year’s Decorations on a Dollar Store Budget
- Kids Craft Ideas New Year’s Noise Makers