Budget friendly Paul Frank Birthday Party with a Rack Star Twist Plus DIY Invitations, Centerpieces, and Party Favors
We had a Rock N Roll Paul Frank birthday party for my daughter because my husband loves music and I love Paul Frank, and well my daughter’s only turning one so she didn’t have much say. I knew it’d be a tough theme, so I had to get crafty and creative.
VIP Backstage Pass Invitations
These do it yourself Rocker themed party invitations, using scrapbook paper, are SUPER easy to make. I wanted them to look like VIP concert backstage passes, so I purchased lanyards to attach to each one. You can purchase lanyards online for about $4.00 for a dozen.
The party details fit on the front and I made a medallion for the back encouraging “rocker attire”. Each guest can wear them to the party as well if they choose.
Tip: Stuff temporary tattoos in the invitation envelope to get guests started on their Rock Star outfits.
I made these party centerpieces in purple, green, pink, and yellow. I went with colored plastic grass and paper flowers in “pots” because it is a summer birthday party.
- Square containers
- Scrapbook paper
- Wooden sticks from any craft store, or BBQ Skewers
- Floral foam
- Paul Frank stickers (optional)
- Plastic Grass or colored candies
- Hot Glue gun
- Craft punches (optional)
These are very simple to make, as the pictures speak for themselves. Just cut out the desired shapes and glue or tape them to wooden skewers. Insert them in decorative containers to make a decorative bouquet.
You can make these arrangements in any theme you choose. Here are some tips.
- Use Google Images to look for your theme’s pictures to use in your arrangement
- Use assorted craft punches or cut out flowers by hand
- Colored candies, like M&M’s can also be used to conceal the floral foam.
- The dollar bins at major retailers like Target, always have cute containers in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Use rocks or pebbles at the bottom of your arrangement to weigh it down if your party is outdoors.
One of my favorite things EVER is the good ole dollar bin, especially for parties. Many major retailers like Target, Joann Fabric and Craft Stores, and Michaels all have dollar bins with fantastic deals that you can easily personalize. You can find everything from party favors to decorations.
These bubbles were four for one dollar. The originally had an Easter sticker on the top, so I just placed a Paul Frank sticker over it to fit the party theme.
These dollar bin boxes made perfect favor boxes. I added a personalized label and stuffed it with goodies for each kid like those popular rubber band bracelets. They come in a 12 pack for one dollar. I broker them up in sets of four and made my own personalized packaging. This favor cost less than thirty cents each!
Consider these other Rock Star themed ideas:
- Make invitations that look like concert tickets or an ad looking for a new member of a band
- Make a CD invitation and include the guest of honor’s favorite songs
- Decorate with a VIP sign at the entrance of the party
- Include a red carpet area with disposable cameras where the guests can be photographed by Paparazzi
- Have a “Dressing Room” station with boa’s, sunglasses, hats, wigs, beads, ripped T-shirts, and face paint for guests to get creative
- Include a “Hair and Makeup” station with glitter, mousse, mirrors, makeup, and colored hair spray
- Have a “Tattoo Shop” with application instructions where guests can apply temporary tattoos of their choice
- Set up a “Rehearsal Stage” and set up Guitar Hero
- Give out favors like an autograph book or an inexpensive inflatable guitar
More fun Birthday Party Themes
- Minion Luau Birthday Party
- Easy DIY Boho First Birthday Party
- Emoji Birthday Party Ideas
- Best DIY Pirate Party Ideas
Like it? Pin it!