FREE Printable Definition Bookmarks for Download
I love reading and admit that I don’t read nearly as much as I used to. I used to read 3-4 books a month for pleasure, but now with kids, work, dance, soccer, softball, etc. most of the books I’m reading are about an imaginary talking pig or elephant. Managing to get a good read for me is about six times a year, and when I do, I love to buy the actual paper book versus reading it on a screen. It’s just not the same on a screen. There is some type of satisfaction I get with holding and turning the pages.
Anyway, my love for reading inspired me to make these definition bookmarks with the words “wisdom”, “clever”, and “knowledge”. As I type this I feel like I should make some with words like, craft, create, or inspire! If you like them you can download them here for free.
Printable Definition Bookmarks
What inspired me to make these printable definition bookmarks was an infographic I saw the other day on Facebook entitled, “Surprising Book Facts”. The facts were just that, very surprising! One fact said that 42% of college grads never read another book after college. Another said that 80% of US families did not buy or read a book last year. As someone who reads often, and who still enjoys a hard copy of a book, I thought I’d share these printable bookmarks. There are three bookmarks, each with a definition taken from the Merriam Webster Dictionary. They are, knowledge, wisdom, and clever.
Time: 5 Minutes
- Free Printable
- Brochure Paper or Cardstock
- Hole Punch
- Fabric Ribbon or Fabric Scraps
- Print the bookmarks on Brochure Paper or card stock and cut them out with scissors. Use a hole punch to punch a hole for the fabric tassel.
- Cut a six-inch piece of fabric ribbon, fold it in half, and attach it to the bookmark for the tassel. I got this ribbon at Michael’s.
- If you cannot find fabric ribbon, you can make your own. A light weight fabric works best. Cut a six-inch-long by a three-quarter inch wide piece of scrap fabric. Twist the fabric length wise to wrinkle it. Fold it in half and attach it to the bookmark.
Make these easy Printable Definition Bookmarks for books and notebooks. Print out some extra ones to pass out to your clever friends to encourage growth in knowledge and wisdom through reading!
You can also watch this cute and quick video!
I hope you can use these!
You May Also Like:
- Printable Coloring Bookmarks
- Paint Color Sample Bookmarks
- DIY Yarn Tassels Tutorial
- Easy DIY Personalized Pens Gift Idea
Do you prefer actual books or reading on a screen like a tablet??
Like it? Pin it!