Budget Friendly Upcycled Thrift Store Teapots for Tea Party Decor
A few years ago I was obsessed with getting ready for a Mad Hatter Tea Party themed baby shower I decorated for. I planned it for several months because I like to get the creative juices flowing in advance! I shared my Easy Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups and today I am sharing my Upcycled Thrift Store Teapots from all the great finds I got at the Goodwill.
Tips for Thrift Store Shopping
First of all, I have to say that I found some GREAT STUFF at Goodwill. I have a few tips I go by when I thrift shop:
- Don’t buy it just because it’s cheap. Buy it because you love it!
- Ask what the color of the day is, that means it’s 50% off.
- When looking for pieces, think outside the color because that can always be changed.
- Ask for a discount if there is something wrong with the piece.
Here’s all the loot I got this time around. Check out all my thrift store loot the first time around!
Tip number three was helpful in this case because, I was drawn to the shape of these pots, but they didn’t match the décor style I was going for. Here they are BEFORE.
Use Spray Paint to Match the Party Decor
All I did was simply spray paint them with Krylon’s Metallic Gold Paint (two light coats).
Now, a Christmas themed teapot completely fits my décor style for this party. These little flower pots would also make a great DIY gift for a mother, teacher, or friend.
This teapot had a chipped lid, but that’s OK! It was dirt cheap and I don’t need the lid anyway because I am using it as a flower vase. By the way, I will be using fresh flowers at the party…just sayin…
So, thrift store shopping is a fantastic way to save money when decorating for fun events like this!
After the festivities you can turn the teapots into repurposed bird feeders!
You May Also Like
In case you missed it, check out my other ideas I have for this Mad Hatter Tea Party Baby Shower:
- Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Tea Party Mad Hatter Chair Centerpieces
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
This article was updated and improved from May 2014.