A Dozen Ideas for DIY Ornaments to Make for Christmas
Want to make your Christmas more rustic? Or maybe you aim for white Christmas? Your children are crazy about Disney? We have gathered a variety of ideas for personalized Christmas with DIY ornaments you can make with your kids during Advent! Take a look and choose the one you fancy the most!
Here’s What You Need
Some of the supplies needed to complete these craft projects:
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
Pick one of fun ideas for homemade ornaments and get on with crafting!
- Wondering what you can do with little squares of paper? You can make wonderful paper ornaments! So simple to make although they look delicate! For similar ideas, check other Christmas paper ornaments.
- Don’t want to waste time cutting squares for snowflakes? Use post-it notes! These lovely 3D paper stars are completely created from post-it notes! Hard to believe, right?
- We adore having a go at this great How To Dry Orange Slices tutorial. They look amazing and are so festive!
- Want to make a Grinch inspired decorations? We have a super simple idea for you! So simple, even toddlers can make it! Take a look at instructions to make an easy Grinch inspired Christmas ornament and you will see why!
- If you are looking for more nature based ideas for Christmas decorations, you can make lovely walnut Reindeer ornaments. This is another easy to make idea for your Christmas tree. These would be lovely as Christmas presents as well.
- Next, we have a winter themed idea to share with you. If your kids are looking forward to white Christmas, they will love making and decorating the Christmas tree with cork polar bear ornaments. Keep it white or paint them wearing ugly Christmas sweaters! If you have more saved corks, chosen few other cork ornament crafts!
- Every little girl loves Disney princesses! We found an awesome printable craft for them! Print and assemble all of the DIY paper Disney dolls to use for pretend play or add a string to hang them on your Christma tree!
- For kids who like coloring, print out templates for intriguing triskele paper globes. It is amazing how many different effects can be achieved simply by changing color scheme!
- After paper, walnuts and corks, we found a clay based ornament we adore! Cookie cutter clay ornament looks so stunning although it’s basically super easy to make. Kids will love helping with this one for sure!
- Pieces of yarn and a bit of time is all you need to make adorable tiny Christmas wreath ornament! We fell in love with this idea as soon as we spotted it!
- Here is another idea for Disney lovers! This time, it’s all about Mickey and Minnie! To make paper Mickey Mouse ornaments all you need is paper, scissors and glue! Get them out and get ready for some Christmas crafting with kids!
- You saw a clear glass ornament in the store and picked some for your kids to fill? There are many different ways to fill clear glass ornaments! Which one you like the most?
Can you believe there were so many super easy and quick ideas to make homemade Christmas ornaments?! If you like this selection, you will LOVE a new book published by our friend Maggy from Red Ted Art called Easy Paper Project. Holding a collection of both everyday and seasonal crafts, ideas from this book will be a perfect opportunity to make new memories with your kids as you help them make lovely decorations and toys!
Get your copy today