Easy DIY Accordion Photo Card in a Box
My husband’s and my anniversary is right around the corner. Every year, I struggle with what to get him. He’s one of those people that if he wants it, he just buys it. So this year, I wanted to make him something handmade and special. Something to remind him of the great years we have had together. I decided to make this accordion photo card. It’s small; he can keep it in his desk at work and pull it out any time to look at it.
Time: 30 Minutes
- Black Card Stock
- Hole Punch
- Double Sided Tape
- Ring Box
Making your DIY Accordion Photo Card
- First, determine the width of your paper by measuring your ring box. I used a gold square party favor box that I found at Michael’s in the wedding section. I made mine 2”X11”. Pick any scrapbook color and pattern you’d like. I find it best to use a heavy weight card stock.
- Next, mark every two inches and fold to make squares. This will fit five 1.7” photos on each side.
- For the remaining inch left over, punch two holes and tie a bow with some ribbon.
- Print and cut your 1.7”X1.7” photos. I have found that social media is the best resource to find your photos! If your making this for a friend simply check Facebook. To do this:
- Search their name on Facebook and click on their profile.
- Look for the three dots to the right of their name and click it.
- Click “See Friendship” and the photos you are tagged in together will all be on the left side.
- Right click and save these photos to your computer. You will need to crop these into a square shape and resize them.
- Using double sided tape, tape your photos on each side of the accordion.
- Fold them up and place it inside your ring box!
These make fun little gifts. You can even change it up a bit and put text in some of the squares to turn it into a beautiful party invitation. Here is a variation I did for my daughter’s Cinderella party. You can find a similar tutorial here. I used a craft butterfly instead of ribbon to make it dramatic.
I hope you like these!
You May Also Like
- DIY PAPER POP OUT PHOTO GIFT BOX
- DIY PHOTO PLACE CARDS WITH FRUIT
- BACK TO SCHOOL PHOTO NOTEBOOK LABELS
- DIY PHOTO CELL PHONE CASE
- 3D PHOTO CUPCAKE TOPPERS
- PHOTO PINS FROM SOCIAL MEDIA PICTURES
Like it? Pin it!
Note: This post, DIY Accordion Photo Card, was originally published on MyPrintly in February of 2015.