How to Make a Glittered Candy Corn Mason Jar with Perfect Paint Lines
Jars are one of my favorite things to upcycle because they are free, that is, if you buy the sauce. This is why I thought about making this Candy Corn Mason Jar. I have upcycled so many Mason jars like:
- DIY Mason Jar Terrarium with Succulents
- Mason Jar Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Recycled Jar Utensil Holders with Printable
- DIY Outdoor Mason Jar Chandelier
The candy corn candies were my inspiration for this project.
Even though I don’t care to eat them, I always thought that there was something whimsical about the colors. It reminds me of Halloween, but it’s not scary or frightening. So, I decided to make a glittered candy corn Mason jar.
Here’s What You Need for this Candy Corn Mason Jar
The materials list below contains affiliate links for products that I recommend for this project.
- Martha Stewart Glitter in white, orange, and gold
- Glass jar
- Martha Stewart white glue or decoupage glue
- Paint brush
- Painter’s tape or masking tape
- Newspaper or paper (to protect your surface and catch the glitter)
Getting Perfect Lines
Start with the center orange stripe to save time. I knew once that the orange was dry; I would be able to apply both the gold and white without waiting for one to dry. Using painter’s tape, I taped of my center stripe and then covered the entire center with glue using the paint brush. I sprinkled the glitter all the way around the jar. Tap off the excess glitter and put it back in your container.
While the glue was still wet, I pulled off the painter’s tape. I allowed it to dry completely.
Next, I taped off the lower half of the orange stripe to begin glittering the gold stripe using the same technique above.
Remove the tape while it is still wet.
Repeat the process for the final white stripe.
Once the glue was dry, I gave the vase a light tap over the garbage can to remove any excess glitter. Then, I added water and fresh flowers!
I loved how it turned out. I think these would make a great homemade hostess gift during all those parties over the holidays!
Like it? Pin it!
More Mason Jar Crafts
- Recycled Can and Mason Jar Vases
- Gold and Glittered Mason Jar Centerpiece
- Cookie Mason Jar Teacher Appreciation Gifts