Ideas for DIY Doll Furniture and Accessories from Leftover Craft Supplies
Since we have already done four $5 Dollar Tree Craft Challenges, we have a lot of leftover craft supplies. So, for our next YouTube video, we decided to save some money and use what we already have. So, here are some ideas for DIY Barbie doll furniture and accessories from your leftover craft stash.
Watch the Video: DIY Barbie Doll Furniture and Accessories
Here’s What You Need
Here is a list of things we used to make everything you see in this video.
Craft Supply List
- Cardboard or Shipping Boxes
- Wood Craft Sticks
- Craft Rounds or Confetti
- Construction Paper
- Pipe Cleaners
- Cotton Balls
- Glue and Hot Glue
- Craft Gems and Shapes
- Old clothes
- Paper Cutter
- Glue Gun
What We Made
We made a double bed and bunk bed out of cardboard using hot glue to hold it together. We used craft sticks to reinforce it to keep it from wobbling. For the blankets, we cut up an old dress.
The dresser was made with cardboard. For the drawers, we cut up craft sticks and glued beads for drawer knobs.
Living Room Furniture
Old boxes and craft rounds were used to make the living room furniture. We used hot glue to hold it all together.
I made this TV for the girls after we made the video, but all I did was print out a picture of the Barbie Life in the Dream House show and glued it to black construction paper, and then cardboard. For the cabinets I used pink construction paper and beads.
Mia used craft sticks to make a crib. She used a shipping box for the toy chest and decorated them with paint, pompoms, and pipe cleaners.
DIY Barbie Doll Furniture and Accessories Tips and Tricks
- Make blankets by cutting up old clothes with a fun pattern.
- Pillows can be made with construction paper, cotton balls, glue and pompoms.
- Beads make great knobs for furniture.
- Craft sticks can be easily cut with scissors to make a crib, drawers, boxes, and more!
- Pre-cut craft rounds are useful for furniture, pillows, mirrors, and more! We found the ones in this video at Party City next to the confetti.
- A paper cutter makes cutting cardboard quick and easy.
- Using hot glue works well for furniture because it dries quickly.
Need more ideas for your dolls?
I have an entire section of DIY Doll Crafts! In this section you will find video tutorials and free printables for your dolls.
- DIY DOLL STARBUCKS DRINKS
- DIY DOLL CELL PHONES AND LAPTOPS
- DOLL SCHOOL SUPPLIES: TABLET, CALCULATOR, RULERS
- DIY DOLL SCHOOL LUNCH
- DOLL SCHOOL SUPPLIES
Before you go, here is a video of how to make school supplies for your dolls. Would love it if you subscribed!
Like it? Pin it!