How to Make 2 different DIY Flower Crown Head Pieces
These flower crowns are SO fun to make and even more fun to wear. The two different tutorials below are for a regular flower headband and for an adjustable Boho inspired crown.
These DIY flower crowns are great for:
- Bachelorette Parties or Bridal Showers
- Holidays like Valentine’s Day or Easter
- Baby pictures
- Halloween Costumes(change the colors and flower sizes)
- Fairy Princess
- Day of the Dead
- Mother Nature
- Frida Kahlo
- Woodland Fairy
Adjustable Boho Inspired Flower Crowns
What You Need
Time: 30-45 Minutes
- Floral Wire
- Assorted artificial Greenery and Flowers
- Ribbon and Lace
Watch the Quick Instagram Reel Video Tutorial.
How to Make Adjustable Flower Headbands
- Take two pieces of floral wire, and create a loop on one side of each piece. Twist to secure.
- To create the crown base, line up the two pieces together, with the loops on each end. From end to end, this crown base should measure 21 inches.
- Twist the middle wires together and then bend and round the crown base into the shape of a crown.
- Decorate the crown by twisting the stems of each piece of greenery or flower around the base.
- Tie ribbon and lace around each loop so that the back can be adjusted and tied together.
Here are some examples.
Fitted DIY Flower Crown Headbands
What You Need
Time: 30 Minutes
The materials shown are from Flower Mart, however you can use any type of artificial flowers you find at any local craft store.
- Assorted Hard Foam Flowers
- Floral Stem Tape (Light Green)
- Floral Stem Wire (Light Green)
- 2″ Pastel Butterfly Decor
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to Make a Fitted DIY Flower Crown
- Measure the diameter of your head. Take two pieces of floral stem wire and twist them together to create a circle base for the crown.
- Next, start wrapping craft flowers around the circle alternating colors and sizes. The design is up to you!
- Continue wrapping until you have the desired amount. To finish off the crown, wrap the exposed wire in floral stem tape. Be sure to cover any sharp ends.
If desired, add craft butterflies by wrapping the wire around the crown or hot gluing them on. You can also embellish it with ribbon, depending on the desired look. Drape long pieces of ribbon and lace at the back for a fairy look.
Other Ideas for Your Flower Crown
You can play around with the flower bunch length and size. Make a full crown, half. These crowns make cute party favors for a little girl’s birthday party or use it for a fairy costume at Halloween. You can even make one to wear to a bridal shower, concert, or other special occasion.
Use larger flowers in bold colors for a Day of the Dead costume or use dainty flowers in pastels for a fairy or woodland costume. Add other greenery or baby’s breath for a more whimsical feel for a wedding or bridal shower.
Like it? Pin it!
You May Also Like
Other Fun Tutorials to Consider
- DIY Photo Pins from Social Media Pictures
- How to Make Paper Mache Bowls
- DIY Alcohol Ink Coasters
- Resin Mosaic Tray with Recycled CDs and DVDs
- How to Tie Dye Shirts
This tutorial, DIY Flower Crown Headband, was originally sponsored on 1/19/17 by Paper Mart. Since then it has been improved and republished. All opinions are 100% my own.