My best friend asked me to make Rapunzel braid party favors for her daughter’s birthday party. I gladly accepted and was excited to get started. Here is how you make them.
- Yellow Yarn
- Craft Flowers
- Small Rubber Bands
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks (Affiliate Link)
- Hair Clips
- Purple Ribbon
I had to make 14 braids, and wasn’t sure how much yarn I needed. I ended up using one and a half one pound yarn skeins. I started off by putting two dining room chairs together and began wrapping the yarn around.
Once I was happy with the thickness, I pulled off the yarn, cut the loops on one end, and tied the top with a rubber band. We ended up using loom rubber bands which worked really well.
I braided each one and then tied the ends with another small rubber band.
Using a hot glue gun, I glued on the flowers, five on each braid. For the clip, I simply used metal ones and attached it to the yarn through the clip (no glue). This worked well, putting them on and taking them off the girl’s hair.
The braids were a hit t the party! We even used them as part of the decorations.
Need some more Disney Themed Ideas? Check out these posts!
- Rapunzel Braided Hair Monogram
- Flynn Rider Wanted Poster Printable
- Rapunzel Invitation DIY with Yarn Hair
- The Little Mermaid Party Ideas
- DIY Little Mermaid Card or Invitation
- DIY Disney Princess Costumes
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
- Alice in Wonderland First Birthday Party
- DIY No Sew Tutu