Over a dozen Last Minute Homemade Mother’s Day Gift Ideas with tutorials
Mother’s Day is coming up! I thought I’d put together some Last Minute Homemade Mother’s Day Gift Ideas. Some of these projects take minutes, while others take only an hour or two, but all will come from the heart.
Upcycled Homemade Gift Ideas
Do you like turning trash into treasure like I do? Here are five fun clever and upcycled gift ideas to gift to your mom.
- Repurposed Cabinet Door Jewelry Organizer – Make Mom a unique jewelry organizer out of a cabinet door, drawer pulls and knobs. You can find cabinet doors at yard sales or a second hand store like Habitat for Humanity Restore.
- Repurposed Bank Money Bag – Does your Mom travel a lot like mine does? Stencil a canvas bag to make her very own laundry bag to put in her suitcase while she travels.
- Paper Towel Roll Letter Scroll – Upcycle two paper towel rolls to make a scroll and write a special note or poem to Mom inside.
- Mason Jar Gift Kits – Fill a Mason Jar full of Mom’s little favorite things like, makeup, nail polish, candy, gum, movie tickets, and so on!
- Watch this video to learn how to make her baskets out of rope.
Get Crafty for mom
Have a little more time and love to craft? Here are six simple craft ideas for handmade gifts for mom.
- Funny DIY Signs – Make her a clever sign for her kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom.
- Mod Podgeable Necklace and Matching Ring – Make her a special necklace and matching ring. This project was so fun to make. If you’re a Crafter, you’ll love making these
- Centerpiece with Stenciled Burlap – Make a pretty stenciled vase to put a fresh arrangement of flowers in.
- DIY Personalized Pens Gift Idea – Add a little personality to a boring pen. You can make a few and package them with stationary or note cards.
- Paper Toolbox Gift Card Holder – Is your Mom a fellow DIY’er? Give her a gift card but wrap in this clever little toolbox gift card holder.
- Watch this video to learn how to make her a set of napkin rings!
Sweet Treat Gifts
Does your mom have a sweet tooth? Here are five fun and inexpensive ideas to help celebrate mom who loves cookies, chocolates, or candy.
- Cookie Flower Pots – Hey dads! These are fun to make with the kids to give to mom.
- Cookie Mason Jar – Give her favorite cookies in s decorated Mason Jar. She can use the jar as a drinking glass as well. Just add a tag that says “Happy Mother’s Day, Just add milk!” and attach a straw!
- Cookie Lollipops – Does your Mom have a sweet tooth? These easy cookie lollipops are a great gift for all of the favorite Moms in your life.
- DIY Candy Box Treat Boxes – These treat boxes filled with Mom’s favorite candies will be a sweet hit on Mother’s Day.
- Watch this video to learn how to make candy filled treats from paper tubes: