Couples Olympics Games and Ideas
Couples Olympics Games and Ideas Including Games, Rules, and Prizes
The Annual Couples Olympics is a great time of year. Creativity is a must! These Couples Olympics Games and Ideas were from the first year and needed to be updated. Before we begin, here some updated posts from years past.
Other Couples Olympics Party Ideas
Besides this article, here are some parties we have done in the past.
- The 2019 Games
- The Summer Olympics
- 2016 Couples Olympics Party
- 2015 Couples Olympics Party
- Couples Olympics Party Tutorials
Our First Annual Couples Olympics Party
First of all, what would an Olympics be without a trophy and medals? I had to make my own. I found a make your own medal kit at a teacher supply store to make these for the winning couple.
For the trophy I used a wedding cake topper, a can of garbanzo beans, and a candle stick and glued them together with E6000.
I let it set over night and then spray painted it gold.
Tah dah!!! Instant Couples Olympics Trophy!
Swag Bag & Team Spirit Ideas
Then, my husband said we needed an orientation packet. I decided to make these bags up for each team.
Here’s a close up.
I filled it with a team wig, two sets of headbands, two sets of wrist bands, a horn, and pompom.
We also put in the rules and regulations (which I’ll share below).
Six Party Events
We had six events including cup stacking.
It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! Here is a photo of the couples that participated. As we continued this tradition, moving forward our teams dressed in matching team colors, including the kids!
Official Rules and Events
Here is what we wrote for the rules and events to help you with some Couples Olympics Games and Ideas:
- One team member from each team will participate in each game.
- Each team member must participate in three of the six events.
- Any derogatory statements about the amount of Chicago Bears paraphernalia in the home team’s house will results in -2 pts.
- The winning team of each event will receive 3 pts., second place 2 pts., third place 1 pt. and fourth place -1 pt.
- Each team must wear all pieces of the team gear provided at sign-in throughout the Olympics. There is a two piece minimum per Olympian. If at any time the team gear is not worn during the competition, the team will receive -1 pt. for each infraction.
- In the event of a tie for total points across all Couples Olympiad events, the name of a team member from each of the winning teams will be drawn from a hat to determine the players in a one round playoff. The event will also be pulled from a hat. The winners of that event will be crowned the first annual Couples Olympiad Winners and will retain bragging rights for approximately one calendar year.
Our events have evolved and changed over the years, however these are still great options.
Bean Bag Toss
- Two teams (one member from each team) will play against each other in 3 rounds of bean bag toss. The total points of each round will be added up to give the team a total score. The team with the highest score wins.
- Bean bags that go through the hole are with 3 pts. Any bags on the board are worth 1 pt. Bean bags that hit the ground before hitting the board do not count.
- Two teams (one member from each team) will compete against each other in 3 rounds of washers. The total points of each round will be added up to give the team a total score. The team with the highest score wins.
- Washers that go into the hole are worth 3 pts. Any washers in the box are worth 1 pt.
- Washers that bounce on the ground before going into the box or hole do not count.
- Two teams (one member from each team) will compete against each other in 3 rounds of football toss. The total points of each round will be added up to give the team a total score. The team with the highest score wins.
- Football that land on the top row are worth 1 pt, 2 pts for the middle row and 3 pts for the bottom row.
- Footballs that bounce on the ground before hitting a row do not count.
- Each team (one member from each team) will have 16 cups. Build a 10 cup pyramid and two 3 cup pyramids and then take them down. When you end you must have all cups in one stack.
- All teams will compete against each other in a round robin competition.
- Each team (one member from each team) will have to answer five Christmas trivia questions. You receive 1 pt for each right answer and -1 pt for each wrong answer.
- Each team (one member from each team) will play against the other players in a round robin style game of Black Jack. Each player is playing against the house. The house will play typical Black Jack rules. i.e. – Dealer must hit on a value under 17, dealer will stay on 17 only if they have a face card and stay on anything over 17.
Article updated from January 2014.
love this idea for a couple’s party. what is the washers game, though?
Thanks, Patti! The Washers game is a lawn game. There are two wooden boxes with a hole in the middle that are set about 25 feet away from each other. You throw large washers and try and get them into the box for points and you get more points if you get it in the hole. A lot of people make there own or you can buy them online.
Where did you find the stuff for the bags ??
Hi Melissa! You can find it all at party supply stores like Party City.
Love the trophy! How did you make the inside of the medals with the Olympic symbol? I am having trouble finding one online that is small enough.
Thank you, Tracy! I did! Here is the post with the logo printable. You can resize it to whatever size you need it to be: https://diyinspired.com/couples-olympics-party-diy-tutorials/
I would love to see the video of the opening ceremony! Where can I find it?
Hi Amanda! You can watch some of it here: https://youtu.be/8bckUn46bTs
oh this is nice wow
Do you have links for the information that you included in the packages you mailed to your participants?
I change it every year, but it includes a Congratulations Letter, the events and rules. Here is the one from the first year: https://diyinspired.com/couples-olympics-party/ This is one from the last year: https://www.instagram.com/p/CfO5HEwjM8b/
Thank you very much!!!!! Love all of your ideas!