Clever Ways to Repurpose Record Albums and CD’s
With the emergence of the internet and the ipod or mp3 player, we had to have known that just like eight tracks, records and tapes, CD’s would become obsolete too! I wanted to come up with some ways to repurpose record albums and CD’s. I remember when I drove by an old Tower Records building which was about three blocks away from a vacant and empty Virgin Records store. It was so strange seeing most of the Blockbuster Video stores around town boarded up as well. Yikes! Man, I’m old.
Use CD’s to Create Mosaic Tile
I made this cool tray by cutting up CD’s and applying resin over top. Can you believe this was once a thrift store mirror?
Here is the full tutorial: RESIN MOSAIC TRAY WITH RECYCLED CDS AND DVDS
You can also watch the video I made.
Other Cool Repurposing Ideas
Here are some more inexpensive crafts from recycled old record albums, DVD’s, and compact discs. They make great DIY gifts too! If you don’t have any old LP’s, you can buy them for about $1 at almost any local thrift store.
- Turn an album into a Party Platter like this one from Etsy
- Make a cool Record Valet Tray also from Etsy
- Use the covers to make an Album Notebook
- Use CD and DVD’s as canvases to create Wall Art like these from Creative Solace
- Make a CD Chair with lumbar support like this one from Gizmodo
- Use CD’s to make your own jewelry.
- Turn the covers into Record Album Gift Tags
Tip: Some old record album covers have beautiful artwork on them. Frame and arrange a few in coordinating colors to make interesting wall art.
Check out these other creative ways to recycle: