10 Ways to Recycle Newspaper with Crafts
So I just figured out you can go to a party with a recycled newspaper basket present wrapped in newspaper, inside a newspaper gift bag wearing a newspaper dress, newspaper coat, and newspaper bracelet carrying your newspaper purse. Oh yeah, and the party is decorated with newspaper origami and a newspaper Happy Birthday banner and you can sit (un)comfortably on your newspaper bench. Just kidding. But I HAVE seen all those photos around the web. Google them.
Don’t throw away that old newspaper! When it comes to creativity like this, recycling is a must! You can start simple by making a banner or wrapping a gift, but those who are more adventurous? I say, try the making the newspaper coat or newspaper bench! Again, I’ve see these around the web. I swear!
Here are 10 creative crafts from newspaper
- Make a paper Mache bowl and paint it.
- Upcycle tile to make coasters. Use the comics section for a colorful creation.
- Make a newspaper bowl. These are pretty sturdy! Use them to toss your keys in at your front entry. Leave them as is or paint them.
- Decorate a frame. This makes a fun gift idea for the kids to make for mom or dad.
- Make 3D wall art by using newspaper as the canvas.
- Make a recycled newspaper wreath… a statement piece for sure.
- Recycle it to make paper butterflies for a pretty grapevine wreath.
- Create bows out of newspaper and use them for eco-friendly gift wrapping.
- Make little recycled paper flowers, a fun and simple origami craft for beginners.
- Make flower magnets with the kids. If you have craft punches, these make a great 15 minute kids craft.
Here’s a bonus. I bet using newspaper to make these tassels would turn out really cool!
What do you think? Do you have any other ideas?