Easy DIY Invitations for Any Occasion
I made these bridal shower invitations in a jiffy. If you are a fellow Crafter, you probably already have these items in your craft closet. These easy DIY invitations are perfect for any party, and cost less than pre-packaged invites.
- Card stock and/or decorative scrapbook paper
- Light weight Computer Paper
- Hole punch
- Double stick tape
- Paper Cutter
- Pre-packaged envelopes 4.75” X 6.5”
- Start by choosing the wording for your invites and type up the information in the desired font, style, and color on your computer. Print it on a lightweight paper and cut it out. The size of this information page should be 3.5” by 5.5”.
- Prepare the rest of the paper by cutting out 4” X 6” base card stock for the bottom piece and 4” X 1” strips for the top strip. Three sheets of scrapbook paper will be needed for the bottom layer in order to make 24 invitations. One sheet of scrapbook paper will be needed for the top strip.
- To make 24 invites, cut 24 pieces of ribbon at 12” in length.
- Create an assembly line. Layer the card in the following order below, and then adhere with double sided tape.
- 4 X 6 card
- 3.5 X 5.5 info sheet
- 4 X 1 strip in the desired position
- Using a small hole punch, punch two holes approximately one inch apart in the top center of the invitation, thread a ribbon through the holes, and tie a bow.
Tips for Making Your Own invitations
- There are several websites online with wording samples for any occasion if you get stuck!
- To save time, wrap your ribbon around a twelve inch ruler and snip each end.
- Consider using vellum paper to print the invitation on.
- Choose any color and pattern to fit your party theme.
I hope you like these shortcut for easy invitations.
Other Easy DIY Invitation Ideas
Here are a few other invitations you can do with scrapbook paper and a few craft supplies.