Easy Fairy Garden DIY Ideas Video
Our next craft adventure with the Wulf Family is all about Fairy Garden DIY ideas. This came about after a combination of making our doll furniture video and butterfly crafts video because we had some leftover supplies we could use to make fairy garden accessories.
Not quite the $5 Dollar Tree Challenge, but we did go there to grab a couple things. In case you missed our $5 Dollar Tree Challenge video series, check them out here:
- REPURPOSED DIY PENCIL CASES
- DIY JEWELRY MAKING
- THREE UNIQUE DIY PICTURE FRAMES
- BUTTERFLY CRAFT IDEAS FOR ALL AGES
Watch our Video: Fairy Garden DIY Ideas
Here are some tips and details of what we made.
- Popsicle sticks
- Craft sticks
- Straight edge
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Artificial flowers
- Rocks or pebbles
DIY Fairy Garden Accessory Tips and Ideas
- Use an old shipping box or cardboard scraps as “bones” for your furniture, like the base for a firepit or the base for a planter.
- Popsicle sticks can easily be cut into smaller pieces both vertically and horizontally.
- Take apart some artificial flowers with small blooms to decorate houses, swings, etc.
- Hot glue dries quickly, so it is ideal when gluing on sticks.
- An industrial strength adhesive is ideal for gluing rocks or pebbles together. You may need it to dry for 24 hours.
- Twine works well for swings and other fun accessories.
- Search outside for sticks in all sizes and thicknesses, rocks, acorns, etc.
- Rinse your sticks and rocks with water to remove and bugs and allow them to dry completely.
- Save small containers and bottle caps to use as wishing wells, chairs, stools, beds, etc.
The best part of this, is spending time with the kids and letting their imaginations run wild.
You May Also Like
- DRAGONFLY CLOTHESPIN CRAFT FOR KIDS
- DIY DOLL CELL PHONES AND LAPTOPS
- DIY FELT BREAKFAST FOOD
- 4 FUN CREATIVE THINGS TO DO WITH THE KIDS